22/03/2017

Pen jar - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there and good evening! Hopefully you've had a wonderful day! It's Wednesday already and not long before the weekend starts. If you are looking for something fun to do during the weekend, 7 Dots Studio has a new challenge! The topic is "altered art, beyond the page" this time. So this time no cards or layouts as such, but more dimensional projects. You can create canvas, piece of home decor or some jewelry - your only limit is your imagination!  Here's the link to the challenge post (link). I really urge you to take a look as there's so many great pieces there! Also the challenge rules are there.


My first idea was to alter something and go really mixed media with it. But as that’s what I love to do, I thought to challenge myself a bit more and go with a lighter hand with the mediums. Surprised? I was. But it's good to challenge oneself occasionally.

Luckily I then found a tall tin jar in my stash and thought to make a pen holder out of it. That way I could use more patterned paper and embellishments and not so much mediums! Something altered and something handy in same package. As you can see, I did use some mediums, but tried to use quite a few paper elements as well.

Thank you for stopping by today! Can’t wait to see what you do with the theme! 


Materials: 

Thought’s Keeper – No 2 
Illumination – Clear stamps 1 

Um Wow Studio – Fortune-teller mask


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...