05/10/2017

An ode to triangle - 7 Dots Studio


In my recent post to 7 Dots Studio's blog (link) I was celebrating the triangle. I again drew the inspiration for these pieces not only from the wonderful 7 Dots Studio products but the theme of the latest challenge theme “Historical figure” (link)

There’s plenty of historical figures I could have used. When thinking about the theme, a problem developed – I had too many figures to choose from! My love for the Finnish band Turisas led me to Vikings, my adoration to 18th century fashion to Madame Pompadour and so forth. So I took the easy way out and asked my husband to name a historical figure. The first one he suggested was Pythagoras. Pythagoras = a^2+b^2=c^2 = triangles! And as the chipboard sheet of “Dreamscapes” is full of triangles, I had my theme. I made two projects celebrating this lovely shape and the mathematical formula of right triangle, the Pythagorean Theorem. 


This first project is an art journal page celebrating the triangle. The earthy tones of the Dreamscapes turned into rusty ones in my mind and I used tea colored watercolor, earthy inks and rust paste in my make. The background is done using several pieces of patterned papers I had in my stash. I love how the collections are so easy to mix and I love to mix different patterns in my projects!

Thank you for being so lovely as to come to see my blog today! Have a great day! Please be back tomorrow to see the other project using the same theme!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Hazy Days – Word Stickers 6x12
Dreamscapes – Chipboard shapes 
Writer’s Block – Letter Stencil 
Dreamscapes – Clear Stamps 



Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...